Loose, tousled waves are the epitome of summer cool. But channeling a day at the beach when you’ve been chained to your desk (in Canberra!) all day can be hard to achieve. So we asked an expert exactly how to achieve this carefree hairstyle.
Melbourne hairdresser Joey Scandizzo has been named the Australian Hairdresser of the Year three times, and a co-creater of the super-popular range of hair products Eleven Australia. We chatted with him about how to get a beachside vibe any day of the week.
THE STYLE: Tousled beachy waves
IDEAL FOR: Medium to long hair lengths
- Apply Miracle Hair Treatment through damp hair.
- Apply Sea Salt Texture Spray from roots to ends.
- Set hair in six to eight plaits in random sections over head.
- Gently blow dry plaits until completely dry.
- Gently squeeze sections of the plait with a flat iron and allow to cool.
- Remove plaits and shake hair out with fingers.
- Spray Give Me Clean Hair Dry Shampoo through mid-lengths and ends for added texture.
Shop Eleven Australia products locally at Anton’s Hair Studio in Civic; Bond Hair Religion in Kingston; Cataldo’s Salon in Civic and Woden; Mane Hair & Beauty in Weston; and Style & Beauty Within in Braddon.